Play Backgammon Online
Explore for free Backgammon online-one of the most played board games and test your knowledge now!
Read the complete Backgammon rules and start playing with your friends.
Play Backgammon with real opponents and choose your preferred game options. Try advanced tips, learn how to play and prepare yourself against online adversaries. Switch the games easily between the traditional and custom rules.
There are no limits to prove your skills on any device or browser enjoying the full game quality.
Play Free Backgammon
Apart from playing with your friends, you can play Backgammon against computer for free! Our training room allows you to play as many games as you want. Train your skills practicing new strategies, or just play for fun.
We have prepared you free multiplayer games with real opponents. Take your daily bonus and play online with your friends or real adversaries.
Introduction, basic rules and history
Backgammon is the most popular board game for 2 players. The board consists of 24 triangles with alternating colours – these are called points. The points are separated into four equal groups, known as Home and Outer boards. Every player has 15 checkers in predefined locations on the board and tries to move all of them safely to his home board.
Points that have only one checker on them are called Blots. When an opposing checker lands on a blot, the blot is “hit” and moved to the middle bar of the board. The player that has checkers on the board must return them to play before playing his other checkers.When is not possible to move the turn is ended and the opponent rolls the dice.
By default, every game yields 1 point per win. You can double the yield from the game by offering to “double” before you roll the dice. If your opponent accepts, the yield is doubled, if he declines, the current doubling cube value is assigned to you.
The main objective of the game is to move all checkers you own to your own home board and then bear them off. The first player to achieve that is declared a winner.
You can read the complete rule set we have implemented on our Backgammon Rules Page.
Backgammon is an ancient board game with a Persian origin. It is probably one of the oldest games in the world that are played and popular nowadays.
The biggest fans of the game affirm that the Backgammon board and its entire design symbolically represents one year. The year contains 12 months (triangles), 30 days per month (checkers), and a week (sum of lowest and highest dice results).
Key Features and Benefits
- Real-like dice system with as close to real rolls as possible – no favors, only luck
- Different Game Mode available – Classic Backgammon with or without double dice
- Full Facebook integration – invite your friends and share gifts
- Complete cross platform play with friends on any device with one account
- Free daily bonus, scratch cards, wheel of fortune and friend invites
- Error proof reconnection – get back into the game no matter what happens
- Train with a computer or enjoy with real people online in Beginners, Advanced or Custom rooms
- Cool animated gifts, abuse-free phrases and emoticon system
Backgammon top countries
- 🇺🇸 United States
- 🇩🇪 Germany
- 🇬🇧 United Kingdom
- 🇨🇦 Canada
- 🇦🇺 Australia
- 🇫🇷 France
- 🇷🇴 Romania
- 🇪🇸 Spain
- 🇮🇹 Italy
- 🇬🇷 Greece
Official Trailer of VIP Backgammon
How to play tips
Learn new Backgammon strategies and advices at our Blog.
How do I play?
When we find you a worthy opponent, we will send you a game invitation. Leaving games is punishable!
How do I enter the site?
- Login with Facebook: For faster registration, use your Facebook account. Your avatar and username will be transferred automatically, allowing you to change them later. You will have access to the full functionality of the site and you will be able to play with your Facebook friends.
- Login with Email: Use this method if you signed up with your email address to VIPBackgammon.com. Choose “Login” from the welcome screen. There, use your credentials to login.
- Enter as guest: Use this method, to visit the site before you register. As a guest, your will have limited access to the site. You get a small amount of starting chips, you can’t play against real players, only with AI partners and opponents. You won’t be included in leaderboards, won’t be able to purchase items from the store, view user profiles, or socialize with the community.
· Log in with Google: Use this to log in with your currently active Google account. This will give you full access to the website and allow you to utilize the cross-platform features that VIP Backgammon offers.
What are chips?
Read the complete list of frequently asked questions at our Official page with answers.