Play Backgammon Online
Backgammon is one of the oldest and most famous board games. The game is played by two players with a board, two dice, and 30 tokens – 15 for each player.
The objective of Backgammon is to move all the checkers to your home board and bear them off. The first player who succeeded in getting out all 15 checkers receives a specific amount of points. These points are in function of the rival’s progress. Learn how to play Backgammon.
Play Free Backgammon
You can play Backgammon for free against the computer in the practice room or with your friends in our custom rooms.
In the “play with friends” lobby it is possible to play multiplayer games for free with real opponents. There are free daily bonuses for all registered users.
Click to start the game
How to Play
The Backgammon board consists of 24 triangles with alternating colors – these are called points. The points are separated into four equal groups, known as Home and Outer boards. Every player has 15 checkers in predefined locations on the board and tries to move all of them safely to his home board.
Points that have only one checker on them are called Blots. When an opposing checker lands on a blot, the blot is “hit” and moved to the middle bar of the board. The player that has checkers on the board must return them to play before playing his other checkers. When is not possible to move the turn is ended and the opponent rolls the dice.
By default, every game yields 1 point per win. You can double the yield from the game by offering to “double” before you roll the dice. If your opponent accepts, the yield is doubled, if he declines, the current doubling cube value is assigned to you.
Detailed tips on how to play Backgammon.
The main objective of the game is to move all checkers you own to your own home board and then bear them off. The first player to achieve that is declared a winner.
You can read the complete rule set we have implemented on our Backgammon Rules Page.
Backgammon is an ancient board game with a Persian origin. It is probably one of the oldest games in the world that is popular nowadays.
The biggest fans of the game affirm that the Backgammon board and its entire design symbolically represents one year. The year contains 12 months (triangles), 30 days per month (checkers), and a week (sum of lowest and highest dice results).
Key Features and Benefits
- Real-like dice system with as close to real rolls as possible – no favors, only luck
- Different Game Mode available – Classic Backgammon with or without double dice
- Full Facebook integration – invite your friends and share gifts
- Complete cross platform play with friends on any device with one account
- Free daily bonus, scratch cards, wheel of fortune and friend invites
- Error proof reconnection – get back into the game no matter what happens
- Train with a computer or enjoy with real people online in Beginners, Advanced or Custom rooms
- Cool animated gifts, abuse-free phrases and emoticon system
Backgammon top countries
- 🇺🇸 United States
- 🇩🇪 Germany
- 🇬🇧 United Kingdom
- 🇨🇦 Canada
- 🇦🇺 Australia
- 🇫🇷 France
- 🇷🇴 Romania
- 🇪🇸 Spain
- 🇮🇹 Italy
- 🇬🇷 Greece
Official Trailer of VIP Backgammon
More Tips and Strategies
Learn new Backgammon strategies and advices at our Blog.
How do I play?
When we find you a worthy opponent, we will send you a game invitation. Leaving games is punishable!
How do I enter the site?
- Login with Facebook: For faster registration, use your Facebook account. Your avatar and username will be transferred automatically, allowing you to change them later. You will have access to the full functionality of the site and you will be able to play with your Facebook friends.
- Login with Email: Use this method if you signed up with your email address to VIPBackgammon.com. Choose “Login” from the welcome screen. There, use your credentials to login.
- Enter as guest: Use this method, to visit the site before you register. As a guest, your will have limited access to the site. You get a small amount of starting chips, you can’t play against real players, only with AI partners and opponents. You won’t be included in leaderboards, won’t be able to purchase items from the store, view user profiles, or socialize with the community.
· Log in with Google: Use this to log in with your currently active Google account. This will give you full access to the website and allow you to utilize the cross-platform features that VIP Backgammon offers.
What are chips?
Read the complete list of frequently asked questions at our Official page with answers.