Frequently asked questions
Table of Contents
- 1 What is VIPBackgammon.com?
- 2 How do I enter the site?
- 3 Why should I sign up?
- 4 Why should I activate my e-mail?
- 5 What is a VIP status and why should I purchase it?
- 6 How do I play?
- 7 What are the rules of the game?
- 8 Do I lose experience points if I leave a game in progress?
- 9 Why are the “Advanced” and “Professionals” rooms locked?
- 10 How can I find a specific user?
- 11 I did not receive my bonus chips today! Why?
- 12 When does the game start?
- 13 My game crashed, what should I do?
- 14 I cannot enter VIPBackgammon.com, what is wrong?
- 15 I did not receive the purchased chips/VIP subscription from the store.
- 16 I was kicked out of a game. Why ?
- 17 The game lags, what should I do ?
- 18 The game crashed and I lost my chips! Can you restore my chips?
- 19 What does INACTIVE mean?
- 20 What are chips?
- 21 What can I do in the STORE?
- 22 How do I send gifts?
- 23 How and why do I LIKE a user?
Here are the answers to the most asked questions at VIP Backgammon
What is VIPBackgammon.com?
VIPBackgammon.com is a social platform for the most popular board game in the world – Backgammon. Registered users can play and socialize with friends, progress in the game Backgammon, climb the leaderboards, win prizes and much more. VIPBackgammon.com can be played on the website – vipbackgammon.com, Facebook and on all mobile devices. All rights on the platform content and the game are reserved and are property of Casualino JSC.
How do I enter the site?
After the site loads, you will be required to enter as a guest, or sign up. Registration can be done in three ways:
- Login with Facebook: For faster registration, use your Facebook account. Your avatar and username will be transferred automatically, allowing you to change them later. You will have access to the full functionality of the site and you will be able to play with your Facebook friends.
- Login with Email: Use this method if you signed up with your email address to VIPBackgammon.com. Choose “Login” from the welcome screen. There, use your credentials to login.
- Enter as guest: Use this method, to visit the site before you register. As a guest, your will have limited access to the site. You get a small amount of starting chips, you can’t play against real players, only with AI partners and opponents. You won’t be included in leaderboards, won’t be able to purchase items from the store, view user profiles, or socialize with the community.
- Log in with Google: Use this to log in with your currently active Google account. This will give you full access to the website and allow you to utilize the cross-platform features that VIP Backgammon offers.
Why should I sign up?
Sign up so that you can use the full functionality of the site, as well as the game! You will receive chip
bonuses, you will have access to more features, make new friends and much more. Signing up is completely free.
You will receive:
- Unique username
- You will be able to upload your own avatar
- Bonus in chips
- Play with your friends
- You will be eligible for leaderboards
- Chip wallet and access to our store
Why should I activate my e-mail?
E-mail activation will allow you to complete your profile and win bonus chips. If you forget your password, you
can use that e-mail to recover it. Don’t miss out on any news regarding your favorite game!
What is a VIP status and why should I purchase it?
The VIP status makes a user special, by granting several bonuses:
- VIP logo on the avatar
- Bonus chips when you make a purchase
- Join special VIP only rooms
- Play with friends and other VIP users
- Make new friends
- Start private conversations with others in the private chat
- View the photos of other users
How do I play?
Choose a game room from the lobby, depending on your playstyle. You will be queued in our matchmaking system.
When we find you a worthy opponent, we will send you a game invitation. Leaving games is punishable!
What are the rules of the game?
You can read the complete rule set we’ve implemented for all the main and secondary game modes in our Game rules page
Do I lose experience points if I leave a game in progress?
No, but you lose the game and the bet.Leaving a game in progress will also affect your reputation among other players.
Why are the “Advanced” and “Professionals” rooms locked?
You need to be higher level to play in the more advanced tooms. You can level up by acquiring experience points from games. Winning gives substantially more experience points.
How can I find a specific user?
From the side menu on the main lobby, you can choose “Search”. This functionality allows you to search by username.
I did not receive my bonus chips today! Why?
To get your free daily bonus chips, you must play at least one game after receiving your last bonus.
When does the game start?
When both players are found, each of them will receive an invitation to join. When both players join the game,
bets will be taken and the game will begin. Once the game starts, leaving will result in a penalty.
My game crashed, what should I do?
Use the Bug Report system (the bug icon on the navigation bar), to describe your issue and send it to the customer support team. You can also make a screen shot and send it to email@example.com.
I cannot enter VIPBackgammon.com, what is wrong?
If you’re trying to enter VIPBackgammon.com from a web browser, make sure you have Cookies and Local Storage turned ON, and Private Browsing OFF, from your browser’s Settings.
I did not receive the purchased chips/VIP subscription from the store. What should I do ?
Depending on the payment method used, the transaction could take some time. If you haven’t received your
chips/VIP within 20 minutes, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I was kicked out of a game. Why ?
The most likely scenario is that you went inactive during the game. When your turn timer runs out and you haven’t
played your turn, you will be replaced by an AI player. You will receive a message pop-up, stating that you are inactive.
The game lags, what should I do ?
First of all check your internet connection. You can also go to the Settings in the side menu and modify the “Low
quality Graphics” and “Software rendering”. If the problem persists, contact us at email@example.com.
The game crashed and I lost my chips! Can you restore my chips?
If the interruption is due to our server or other technical issues on our part, your chips will be restored
automatically, and you will be informed with a system notification. If the chips are not returned, this means that the problem is due to problems with your network (slow connection, inactivity, etc.). In such cases no,
chips are returned.
What does INACTIVE mean?
Your turn time has expired before you made your move.
What are chips?
Chips are a virtual currency in VIPBackgammon.com. They are used to purchase items from the store, send gifts and join
game rooms. Chips can be purchased in our store, using one of the payment methods that our site supports. In
addition, they can be earned from games. Every registered user receives free chip bonuses every day.
What can I do in the STORE?
In order to use the store, you need to be a registered user. In the store, you can purchase items, gifts and VIP memberships.
How do I send gifts?
Find the user you wish to send a gift to. You can browse users in the leaderboards, in the game, in the lobby, or
your friend list. Open the user’s profile and choose “Send Gift”. Sending a gift requires chips.
How and why do I LIKE a user?
When you play Backgammon, you form impressions of other users. If you like how they play, if you find them cool and
enjoy playing with them, like them! Click on a user’s avatar to open their profile and choose “Like”. The user
will receive a notification and might decide to like you back. The users with most likes will enter the
For more questions and information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org